Northwoods in Kenya!
Our immersion program is a structured 60 days of focused work on oneself through acts of selflessness. This combines working in various areas of Kenya volunteering, experiencing day to day life, and learning about the culture and life without the luxuries that we take for granted.
During this process gentlemen will enter:
1. Kibera, a slum in Kenya of 930,000 people living in a square mile.
2. Eldoret (where they teach young children and are able to see first hand the life in a children’s home.
3. Tiata, a mountain area that farming and self sufficiency are a must.
Included in this program, Northwoods students receive:
- Flights to and from Nairobi
- Ground transportation to volunteer, living, and safari sites
- 1-2 days of safari and other tourism sites including an elephant sanctuary, giraffe learning center, local artisan markets, Nairobi National Park, and the Masai Mara
- Minimum of 3 different volunteer sites providing experiential learning in experiences such as orphanages, farms, schools, clinics, and rural village development
- Travel Insurance
- Northwoods Kenya staffing, Weekly counseling, and Family counseling once determined appropriate
- Transportation to and from the airport and Northwoods Ranch and Retreat
Participants must have a valid U.S. Visa with at least 8 months’ validity remaining prior to expiration (required by many countries prior to entry).
Participants must check with guest country’s (Kenya) immigration laws to ensure they will be allowed into the country if a legal history is present.
Participants must have an adequate immunization record to be allowed into guest country, as well as for their own safety. (yellow fever entry requirement for most countries),
(tetanus, typhoid, hepatitis A, meningitis recommended)
Participants must show documentation of, or allow Northwoods to coordinate, a physician’s visit prior to departure from the United States, for prescription of anti-malarial and anti-diarrheal medications.
For program costs please visit the Tuition & Fees page.
For questions please contact us at 207-416-2115